Social Media Guidelines
Connect with Girl Scouts of the Commonwealth of Virginia on your favorite social media sites:
Please read GSCV’s Social Media Guidelines and Disclaimer (below) before participating on GSCV’s social media channels or participating on social media as a member of GSCV’s.
Social Media Disclaimer
The opinions and or views expressed in GSCV’s social media platforms, including, but not limited to, our blog, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn and YouTube pages, represent the thoughts of individual bloggers and online communities, and not those necessarily of GSCV’s or any of its corporate affiliates or any of their respective directors, officers, employees, or members of its respective board of directors. The opinions and views expressed on these pages do not in any way reflect the views of the site they are posted on, other sites affiliated with the site, the staff involved with maintaining the site or any members of the site.
GSCV reserves the right to review, edit and/or delete any inappropriate postings or comments that may include:
- Abusive or hurtful comments about a blogger or another participant
- Off-topic and redundant comments (this includes promotion of events, groups, pages, websites, organizations and programs not related to or affiliated with the Girl Scouts of Commonwealth of Virginia)
- Comments that use foul language or "hate speech" (for example, including but not limited to racial, ethnic or gender bashing language)
- Personal attacks or defamatory statements or comments (i.e., making negative, personal, or untrue comments about a participant)
- Comments that violate the privacy of our girl and adult members and their families
- All links to other websites found linked from GSCV social media sites are provided as a service to readers, but such linkage does not constitute endorsement of those sites by GSCV, and as such we are not responsible for the content of external websites.
By submitting content to any of GSCV’s social media sites, you understand and acknowledge that this information is available to the public, and that GSCV may use this information for internal and external promotional and fundraising purposes. Please note that other participants may use your posted information beyond the control of GSCV. If you do not wish to have the information you have made available via our social media sites used, published, copied and/or reprinted, please do not post on these pages.