Here’s how to get started.
- Register as a member ($15 annually).
- Complete a Volunteer Application.
- Complete a background check.
- Click here to start your online orientation.
- Volunteer Agreement. (keyword: agreement)
Applicants must complete all 5 steps before serving as an approved volunteer!
Have questions? We have some answers.
- What are the benefits of volunteering with Girl Scouts?
- Get involved in your community. Girl Scout volunteers are connected to an extensive network of local volunteers. Make new friends in your area, get involved in projects to make your community better, and support your local girls.
- Learn something new and spruce up your resume. Volunteer experience helps your resume shine. You don’t have to be an expert; Girl Scouts will provide volunteer training to prepare you to provide the best experiences for girls. Girl Scout volunteer experience translates to skills in leadership, marketing, finance, fundraising, organizing, event planning, project management, and budgeting. Not only will you be gaining new skills, but you will have great opportunities for networking.
- It is good for you. Research shows that volunteering has both emotional and physical benefits. That feeling of happiness and accomplishment you get when you help someone is actually helping you live longer. We’re not kidding.
- We have fun. Volunteering with Girl Scouts isn’t just rewarding, it is also a lot of fun. Whether you’re camping, serving the community, or attending a local event, we’re always having a good time.
- Who can volunteer?
- Girl Scouts is looking for volunteers who are committed to the mission of Girl Scouting and who represent our community’s diversity. Any adult 18 and over, out of high school who registers and can successfully pass a background check is welcome to join.
- What do Girl Scout volunteers do?
- What kind of support will I have as a volunteer?
- Do I have to submit an Application for a Volunteer Position?
- How often do I have to do a background check?